By clicking accept, you agree to the City Forward Terms and Conditions.
The exploration and collaboration tools on City Forward are effective ways to analyze and share information about cities around the world. Remember that these tools are intended for individuals who wish to learn, explore and share but are not intended for commercial use or use for illegal purposes.
By accessing and using City Forward, you agree that:
2. Your use of City Forward is subject to, and you agree to read and comply with, the City Forward Community Guidelines
3. Definitions: As used herein:
-- the term “IBM-posted City Data” means that third party data gathered from various third party web sites and posted by IBM on City Forward.
-- the term “User Contributed City Data” means that third party data gathered from various third party web sites and posted by users to this website.
-- the term “City Data” means both User Contributed City Data and IBM-posted City
-- the term “User Content” means any information, profiles, personal information, contact data, submissions, ideas, tags, recommendations, text, material, articles, posts, comments, responses, User Contributed City Data and other content that you or any other user of City Forward post on City Forward.
-- the term “Site Content” means all content on this Site other than City Data and User Content.
-- the term “IBM Tools” means the analytics and other software tools available for your use on City Forward.
5. IBM-posted City Data: Rights to IBM-posted City Data are granted to you under the terms of the license granted by the particular third party web site from which the IBM-posted City Data was obtained. If you use IBM-posted City Data, you agree to attribute the work in the manner specified by the owner of such IBM-posted City Data. Some owners of IBM-posted City Data have specific attribution requirements. Such requirements can be found on the owners’ sites. Inclusion of IBM-posted City Data by IBM on this Site does not imply that the third party owner of such IBM-posted City Data has endorsed City Forward, this Site or the IBM Tools.
6. (a) User Content: You are responsible for all User Content that you upload, post, display, submit or otherwise transmit (“post”) to this Site.
You agree to only post User Content that you created or developed or that you have specific permission or authorization to post. User Content that you post
will be available for use on a global basis by IBM, other participants in City Forward and others who are not participants but who view the User Content on the
Internet without royalties or restrictions. IBM, other participants in City Forward and others who are not participants but who view the User Content on the Internet
may use User Content, in whole or in part, for any purpose and may create derivative works thereof, and sublicense others to do the same. IBM may, in its sole
discretion, for any reason or no reason at all, access, delete, edit or remove any User Content posted on this Site, without permission of or notification to
the participant who posted the User Content. IBM may (but is not obligated to) monitor the activities and postings of participants (or be alerted to the same)
on this Site for any reason, such as if IBM believes such action is necessary to comply with any law or act in an emergency.
(b) User Contributed City Data: You may only post User Contributed City Data that is not confidential and does not contain personal information. Only City Data about cities and city systems may be posted to City Forward. For example, the data must be at the city-level or at a smaller geography, such as a neighborhood; it must span multiple years, and cover subjects such as education, healthcare, employment, transportation, housing, economics, or similar subjects. Rights to User Contributed City Data are granted to you under the terms of the license granted by the particular third party web site from which the User Contributed City Data was obtained. If you use User Contributed City Data, you agree to attribute the work in the manner specified by the owner of such User Contributed City Data. Some owners of User Contributed City Data have specific attribution requirements. Such requirements can be found on the owners’ sites. Inclusion of User Contributed City Data by IBM on this Site does not imply that the third party owner of such User Contributed City Data has endorsed City Forward, this Site or the IBM Tools.
9. You may remove the Site Output which you created and cease being a participant in City Forward at any time. If you remove your Site Output, your Site Output will no longer be displayed on the City Forward platform; however your comments or replies in the community discussions section of the Site may still be available. User Content, once posted by a participant, cannot be removed or deleted by that participant.
11. IBM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CITY DATA, USER CONTENT, SITE OUTPUT OR THE ACCURACY OF ANY CITY DATA, USER CONTENT OR SITE OUTPUT POSTED TO, OR GENERATED THROUGH, THIS SITE. PARTICIPANTS SHALL REMAIN SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USER CONTENT THEY POST. CITY DATA, USER CONTENT AND SITE OUTPUT DO NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OR OPINIONS OF IBM. IBM DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY CITY DATA, USER CONTENT OR SITE OUTPUT IS CORRECT OR ACCURATE AND IBM DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY SITE CONTENT, USER CONTENT OR SITE OUTPUT.
12. USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. CITY FORWARD, IBM TOOLS AND SITE CONTENT, INCLUDING ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE, SERVICES AND PROGRAMS PROVIDED ON THIS SITE, ARE PROVIDED BY IBM "AS IS," WITH NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER. CITY DATA IS MADE AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE BY IBM "AS IS," WITH NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER. IBM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, AND OTHER WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, OR REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. IBM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IF YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE, PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES (INCLUDING CITY DATA, SITE OUTPUT AND USER CONTENT), YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT, INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. IF YOU SUFFER ANY HARM OR LOSSES AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, YOU MAY CEASE BEING A PARTICIPANT IN CITY FORWARD, WHICH SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR SUCH HARM OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL IBM BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE WHATSOEVER RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM THIS SITE OR ANY USE OF THIS SITE, OR OF ANY SITE OR RESOURCE LINKED TO, REFERENCED, OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE, OR FOR THE USE OR DOWNLOADING OF, OR ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES (INCLUDING IBM TOOLS, SITE OUTPUT, USER CONTENT OR CITY DATA), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOST SAVINGS OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA, EVEN IF IBM IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS EXCLUSION AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORIES.
14. IBM may, at any time, modify, change, discontinue or terminate City Forward, in whole or in part.
16. IBM is not responsible for the privacy practices or content (including City Data) of any sites linked to from this Site (including sites from which City Data has been gathered).
18. From time to time, IBM may add specialized sections or areas of this Site (such as those targeting specific topics for discussion or specific participants) or may offer for download software or other materials, for which additional terms and conditions may be applicable. Prior to your participation in such specialized sections or areas or your download of such materials, your acceptance of such additional terms and conditions may be required.
20. You agree to comply with all applicable export (and re-export) and import laws, regulations, orders, and policies, including the Export Administration Regulations, trade and economic sanctions maintained by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Asset Control and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations maintained by the Department of State.
21. IBM will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. For more information, please go to IBM’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notices located at http://www.ibm.com/legal/us/en/dmca.html. IBM will terminate without notice participants who are “repeat infringers” of copyrights.
24. IBM may give you notice by posting on this Site or by email to you if your user profile contains an email address. You may give notice to IBM by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dated: June 13, 2012
Your account is only used for the following information: your first and last name, email address, and the profile photo.
If you do not have an account with any of these providers, we encourage you to visit any of the services shown to sign up with a new account to use on City Forward.